Friday, March 05, 2010

03-05-10 - Whoa...What a Wild Friday Night!

It's Friday night...just me and the kids...who were both sleeping up until my fingers hit the key board just now.

My little squirrel Aviana is laying on her play mat beside me, batting at the dragonfly on her Bright Stars toy bar. She loves to suck on the wings. Pulling on it she sets off the music above it and the lights on the smiley, sunny face blink....the songs have played about 10 times already. Her death grip is on the poor dragonfly.

Cobe is fast asleep...what a day...he did not nap at the sitters today so I put him down at 5:15 and let him sleep a good REM cycle of 90 mins....he ate copious amounts of food for a 23 month old...leftover pot pie...pasta...rice...juice...and 2 Nilla Wafers for dessert! I kept him up 'til almost 9 and he went to bed like a dream...looking at me so sweetly and patting his sister's arm while we all lay in the 'big bed'. I turned out the light and made up some song about sleeping and dreams and he floated off, but not before I rocked him in my arms and put him in his bed.

Yup, it was a wonderful evening...aside from the hysterical fit Cobe had about the plastic IKEA fork on his high chair tray...I know...it was odd...and now as the songs from the toy bar have stopped, I look down to see that my little squirrel has fallen back to sleep...I guess it's time to let out the dogs and call it a night...don't let the bed bugs bite!

No comments: