Wednesday, May 12, 2010

05/12/2010 - Just know this....

I love my husband with all my heart, soul, body, and mind...he's Superman of course. But every Superman has his kryptonite, and my Superman's is cooking. When we were first dating I was impressed by a tuna-puff thingy that was very amazing....(he made me dinner while I was writing a final exam paper)...but as time went on his cooking skills started to show a different side. Hmmmm...

At one time it was just bread that he couldn't cook. Superman could burn bread without hardly trying! Every batch of garlic bread was blackened and was usually followed by 2 sounds...1, the smoke detector (if it was really bad) or 2, a knife scrapping the burnt parts off.

Occasionally he likes to try to be creative....some recent examples:
- Tossing frozen mixed veggies into Bean and Ham soup...(gag)
- Frozen mixed veggies into lasagna...(so-so, not typical veggies)
- Hominy into chili (was actually yummy)
- Frozen mixed veggies into eggs with tofu (not my fav)
- Gee, he likes to put frozen mixed veggies into almost everything....

Anyway, his heart is in totally the right place and I give him tons of credit for trying, and I know it's usually a time issue, but this past weekend showcased his lack of kitchen experience with potatoes...I love him...I'll let the picture speak for itself....yes, those are potatoes, and yes, they are grayish-black, and yes, I did try them. & Oh, we were asked to bring this lovely dish to a friend's house for a Mother's Day Dinner....

So, please know, if you ask us to bring something over for party that is to be consumed, either ask me to cook or ask Superman to pick up something from the store on his way over.Sorry, I love you honey!

1 comment:

Beckythreegirls said...

Oh dear. It looks like mold.