Friday, July 20, 2007

Friday - Amazed By Psychological Torture

I never thought that holding a syringe in my hand aimed at my abdomen would make me feel so uneasy. Looking down at the roll of skin between my fingers made my hands sweat. I sat in the chair posed to inject myself with the drug, but my brain kept telling me it was wrong to do that to myself, that I would be hurting myself. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with needles and I knew that it wouldn't 'really' hurt, but my mind was screaming so loudly that it was hard to 'do' it. After abut 15 mins of sitting in the darkened Dr's office I plunged the needle into my prepped skin, depressed the plunger, and removed the needle. It didn't hurt, but there was a burning feeling as the Lovenox was going into my system. I guess I just knew I had to do it if I wanted to become a mother. It's amazing what we will do for our children, born or unborn. One done, appox. 250 more injections to go.

Highlight - I bought a container of Bryer's "Fried Ice Cream" flavored Ice Cream! TASTY! Thought I needed it for being so brave. :)

No comments: